[time-nuts] crystal oscillators & TPLL

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jun 22 15:29:38 UTC 2010

In message <8F43D37E769B4CAAB3309830E40DD0A2 at Warcon28Gz>, "WarrenS" writes:

>That is really all there is to it, if one starts with Frequency differences,
>like the TPLL, and not Phase, like most other methods, to get the raw data
>to use with an ADEV program like "PLOTTER".

While it is absolutely true that you can calculate ADEV from frequency
measurements, you have a very tough row to hoe when it comes to proving
that your frequncy samples represent the same signal as a sequence
of zero deadtime period measurements would do.

The time-delay inherent in any PLL really, really, really mucks the
math up in that respect.

With that said, I'm really, really, really sick and tired of this
TPLL thread.

Poul-Henning