[time-nuts] FRS-C TTL / sine outboard filter question

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 13:26:11 UTC 2010

mikes at flatsurface.com writes:

>At  the local flea market, I picked up what appears to be an Efratom
>FRS-C.  It is marked "TTL" internally.  It has the passive  connector
>board, but not the active board with the 15 MHz synthesizer  on it.

Connector board? No such beast described in the manual. Do you  mean the
A3 power supply board, which has the i/o connector on  it?

Active board? Ditto. Do you mean the A4 oscillator board, which has  a
20 MHz VCXO on it? There's no 15 MHz anywhere in an  FRS-C.

The connector board and missing 15MHz board are external parts from the
Lucent unit that originally contained them, not internal to the FRS  module.

The 15MHz board, "active" in that it contains electronics circuitry, isn't
of much use to most folks anyway but the connector board carries the
special D  type connector with coax insert that interfaces to the FRS so that's
extremely  useful.

regards

Nigel
GM8PZR