[time-nuts] crystal oscillators & TPLL

Dick Moore richiem at hughes.net
Wed Jun 23 23:26:06 UTC 2010

@ Steve Rooke --  Warren and I have had correspondence in the past about other things, and I was very interested in his TPLL implementation. Someone in the thread had asked Warren if he would supply a schematic diagram of his particular set-up. I never saw an answer to that, so I asked too. Warren essentially refused, indicating that everything I whould need, if I was competent to understand it, was already posted or available and that if that wasn't enough, I probably shouldn't be messing with it.

After several rounds of me asking and Warren being dismissive, I gave up. I'm not sure if Warren thinks there is something commercially valuable here and is protecting his baby, or what, but his flat refusal to provide a detailed view of his experimental set-up is hard to understand. I asked in good faith and got nowhere. So, I'm just a bystander. If you understand his experimental set-up, or if you have a working version of your own, it would help me a lot if you could provide more details about parts and pieces.

Best,
Dick Moore