[time-nuts] FRS-C TTL / sine outboard filter question

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Thu Jun 24 01:41:54 UTC 2010

I do not understand why the passband ripple would be of any consequence in
the big (or small as we typically talk about) picture. During any
measurement interval, it will be a constant, for all practical purposes,
including ours. A measurement at a different time, at a different
temperature that may adversely affect where the ripple is, it will certainly
create a slightly different amplitude and phase delay, however, again, a
constant through the measurement process, not affecting the result. When we
were designing the system I mentioned previously, both Dave and Fred of NIST
were in assistance, as well as the staff of the relevant departments of
MIT's LL, and no one saw any issues. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ 07731
732-886-5960