[time-nuts] yet another GPSDO design, or so

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sat Jun 26 18:38:29 UTC 2010

Hello Attila,

Another GPS board with a 10 MHz output is the Navsync CW-12 module
(price ~US$85-90).  I measured the 1 PPS output and found a Standard
Deviation of < 5 ns with a range of < 30 ns.  The 10 MHz output is kept
on frequency by occasionally adjusting the period of the 10 MHz output
by one cycle of the CPU clock (~8.3 ns = 120 MHz).  How often this
happens depends on the exact clock frequency of the particular unit.  On
mine it happens about 200 times per second.

I don't know if this board is better or cheaper than the LEA-6T, but you
might want to look into it.

Ed