[time-nuts] EFC tracking

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 07:29:58 UTC 2010

On 27 June 2010 10:05, Chris Stake <stake at btinternet.com> wrote:
> Here we go again

OK, firstly I must apologise to the list for generating a large amount
of, useful, traffic on this topic as it seems to have upset some.
Maybe it's because of the sensitivity to run away threads caused by
the TPLL debarcle or maybe it's just that no one wants to listen to me
any more. I don't know but I am now going to take this discussion off
line and correspond to those kind members who have shown an interest
directly. This will spare the rest of you the burden of listening to
this seemingly OT subject (although I assure you it is definitely on
topic).

I'll just clarify some points here, I am expecting to take
measurements at a rate in the order of 1ks/s so that the idea of
taking 64k samples to resolve one data point via FFT is going to be
out of the question. I will only be measuring over a matter of
minutes/hours not days as I'm looking for short term effects. As for
resolution, 16 bits would be ample for my needs and considering that
the average ocxo's EFC operates over, say, a range of about 5V but I
only need to look at part of that range, I can probably voltage shift
the +-1V range of an average sound card and get perhaps a bit or two
for free on that.

Please contact me via PM if you would like to assist me further. I
wish to thank all of you who have given your advice to me, I am most
grateful for your time.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once.
- Einstein