[time-nuts] FE-405 DOCXO info request

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 22:30:04 UTC 2010

I have not looked at that side of the PCB yet, the plate it is on looks too thick to be just support, maybe a heat sink / heat spreader. It has the name Double Oven CXO and I can see the Crystal oven not sure how the second oven works but think that plate may not come off easy. To be honest I lost my nerve at that point, I was afraid the main spring would come flying out and I never recovered at that point on my previous attempts:-) Need to build the RS232/buffer as described in the reader manual too.

Stanley