[time-nuts] yet another GPSDO design, or so

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Tue Jun 29 11:29:36 UTC 2010

Not being able to write code and not understanding what is required it is
easy for me to suggest a fix. In the case of a good Rub. the annual aging
rate  is 1 E-10 which would mean the lower 12 bits would cover one month.
During  transition the PIC could modify the time constant and at the same time
turn on a  red LED warning that the unit is in transition.
16 bits will also work, how ever an annual manual adjustment will be
needed, depending on what the smallest step would be.
The Shera unit has been around for 12 years now and served many of us well
an update would in my opinion make sense, specially since the total cost
could  be well below $50. Done right it could also be used as a digital filter.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 6/29/2010 6:38:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,