[time-nuts] yet another GPSDO design, or so

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 29 16:17:39 UTC 2010

If we lower the size of each step to over lap more would this lower the error ?  Software would adjust both converters at the cross over point so neither would change it's full range at this point. Two 12 bit converters would form one 18 or 20 bit converter.

I guess taken to the extreme we could interweave any number of converters so hopefully the errors would average out :-)  64 times 12 bit converters making a 20 bit converter each with an equal contribution at each step.

Stanley