[time-nuts] yet another GPSDO design, or so

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Jun 29 20:05:44 UTC 2010

> or with a pair of current output DACs and a resistive divider/summer so  you
> have a "high order" and "low order" voltage.

If it were that simple, the manufacturers would package it up into a single
chip. :)

I think there are two areas of interest.  One is the obvious one that steps
on the high-order DAC won't cleanly map into a constant number of steps in
the low-order DAC.

The other is things like temperature shifts.  You have to work out the specs
for both paths and take the worst one.