[time-nuts] Scientists measure shortest ever time interval

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 30 08:18:19 UTC 2010

On 06/30/2010 10:03 AM, Raj wrote:
> Thanks Mike.
>
> I was wondering myself Doc as how they did it. I was skeptical when a friend mentioned it.

The quick check of their article didn't give me much info... but I was
tired and somewhat drunk, so it may have played into it.

It you have a repetitive pattern, you can look at the energy spurs and
deduct the pulse width that way. Monitoring the intensity of a nummber
of side-band frequencies should not be impossible.

But that is just a wild guess...

Cheers,
Magnus