[time-nuts] Rack-mounting an LPRO?

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 1 08:16:09 UTC 2010

Hi Paul,
The bottom of any rack case is not a good heat sink (heat rises and there is no airflow). I'd put the LPRO on a "L" shaped aluminium bracket (thick as possible, I got extruded alloy angle cut-off's from a engineering Co once) close to the rear of the case. The longest edge should run along the back of the case. Then bolt through to a heatsink with vertical fins on the rear of the case. Heatsink compound (DC-340 or similar) on all mating surfaces.

Robert G8RPI.