[time-nuts] 5370A vs 5370B

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Mar 9 17:08:48 UTC 2010

Hi

Ok, the rest of the story:

I picked up a 5370B for less than the price of the 10811 inside it. The unit
powers up and appears to function at some level. All of the front panel
knobs are either busted or sheared off. Switches and buttons all seem to be
there and function (2 minute quick check).

I have it on a 3 day right of refusal. Popping the top to look inside voids
that (at least I believe it does). Shipping there and back is roughly half
of what I paid for the unit.

5370A's are pretty common out there. 5370B's not so much so. If I keep this
unit I'm trying to calibrate just what sort of adventure I'm getting started
on. I already have a number of them going on.

The goal is still to get this one up and running by "repairing" the front
panel pots. With 4 of them to fiddle that may or may not work out. Ideally
I'd like to have a 5370B when I'm done. Since A's are all over the place,
swapping parts with an A to get the B going is what I was considering.

Of course if somebody has a little bag of magic dust that instantly repairs
things....

Bob