[time-nuts] HP 5372A Fan

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 10 17:21:12 UTC 2010

Yes, the fan is variable speed and it's 12V DC.  It's described in the
motherboard section of the service manual on page 11-4 (pdf page 503).
That's why I thought it was so odd that the fan is blowing cool outside
air over the thermal sensor on the motherboard.  I guess they could have
calibrated the system to work on the basis of ambient temperature
variations, but it seems backwards to me.

Ed