[time-nuts] 5370A vs 5370B

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Wed Mar 10 18:15:42 UTC 2010

back to the original issue front panel

One thing I have had success with is emailing some of the
bigger EBay instrument sellers and asking if they have
a parts unit. It helps of you are/were a regular customer.

I repaired a 3325A that needed some buttons, a bottom panel
etc. I asked and was offered a mechanically clean one minus
the power supply and oscillator for $10 and something like
$10 for shipping since I didn't need it FIPed.

Another was I have a 8660D that the handles were broken off
and was someday just going to grind down the remaining sharp
edges. When I won an instrument/lot I asked of they had any
HP gear the same generation, height, and depth and told them
why. When I got the item I won in the box were also two side
panels and a bag of screws.

I sent them a $10 Starbucks gift card.

just a thought ...

-pete