[time-nuts] Thermal time constant

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 11 04:51:00 UTC 2010

Gawd,  tell me about it...   I just got through rebuilding the drive roller in half a dozen Tektronix YT-1 and YT-1S chart recorders for the 1502B/1520C/1503B/1503C TDR's.   The recorders were built by AstroMed and the roller was made of a black urethane  that reverts back to its primordial goo.  It turns to an incredibly sticky spooge that flows over the circuit board and coats the print head.

And then there is the drive roller in the HP65/67/97 calculator card readers.  Not to mention the platen in the electrostatic 9120A printer for the 9100A and 9100B calculators.