[time-nuts] Choke Ring Pictures

Brian Kirby kilodelta4foxmike at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 23:23:45 UTC 2010

I can't do any antenna comparisons.  The choke ring was at my house - I
now live in a apartment and the landlord allowed me to put a patch
antenna on the edge of the roof (and his rules are no external antenna -
got his permission before moving in).

I would expect the average patch antenna with a ground plane would be
good enough for any gps receiver as long as the antenna has enough gain
and transmission line loss is acceptable.

I showed the pictures, because somebody ask me about them a couple of
years ago and I forgot.  And they were made for a multi path problem,
and it stopped it.  The reason I made the other two was for testing
carrier phase surveying with the Motorola Oncore VPZ receiver.  I was
able to get down to the inch level with these units - maybe if they were
commercial they may have done better.  It was an experiment for myself.

As with any hobby, you can spend what you want, your choice.