[time-nuts] frying pan antenna

mike cook michael.cook at wanadoo.fr
Tue Mar 16 12:54:54 UTC 2010

Yes Bruce, I also think that azimuth dependent masking would be useful.

I have been suffering from strong reflections from facing buildings at
50m to 100m, which cause sharp departures from the average PPS TI
(HPZ3801A/ Z38XX app.) values. I can remove the problem by carefully
watching the satellite azimuth/elevation display  and  sending the
receiver a command to ignore the relevent SV when it passes  to the
south (antenna on north facing window ledge). I think that it would be
feasible in somethig like Z83XX and LH  to set up an azimuth dependent
mask and monitor the SVs predicted positions to selectively
ignore/include them when they pass out of and into line of site.

I did post in december on this problem but add here a TI stats view to
show the magnitude of the errors seen.

Mike