[time-nuts] HP 5065A rubidium lifetime

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Sun Mar 21 00:30:27 UTC 2010

Chuck,

Can you provide any other information about this repair?

How much disassembly of the RVFR, what kind of prep of the lamp casing, how
much wire, where did you find the wire, did you 'bend' the wire into a
'hairpin' or did you wind two wires then short one end and feed the power
from the other end, what kind of prep for the outside cylinder, what kind of
'jig' to hold everything in place while applying the urethane foam, etc.,
etc.

I have two of these and one arrived dead after which I 'killed' it some more
with a total melt down.  If this should arise again, a repair guide might be
very helpful.

Joe