[time-nuts] HP 5371/2 error

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 22 01:05:53 UTC 2010

If the battery has not been replaced,  you also get the warning message about the config being lost...  Just the 160 error usually means the battery was replaced,  but the system was not recalibrated (or a glitch wiped the memory).   Anyway,  I always replace the battery.

The battery is not a NiCad.  It is a AA sized (Tadiran) lithium cell.   When I replace it,  I install a AA battery holder so the next guy does not have to worry about soldering.

You can cut the leads to the cell at the battery and solder the holder (or new battery) to the nubs so you don't have worry about desoldering on a 4 layer board.

Or,  if you happen to a dozen or so fully equipped Pace PRC-2000 ($6000+ when new) rework stations in the spare bedroom,   you can desolder the old cell from the board.

BTW,  if you happen to need a pretty much fully equipped Pace PRC-2000 rework station (it slices,  it dices,  it makes Julian fries)...  contact me offline...  as our British friends would say they really are a sweet piece of kit...