[time-nuts] TSIP, SCIP time sync

Paul Boven p.boven at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 22 19:25:28 UTC 2010

Hi Mark, everyone,

Mark Sims wrote:
> The unanswered question is does the receiver time message go with the
> previous or next 1PPS pulse (i.e. is the pulse pre-dated or post
> dated)?  I can't receive WWV here to check whether the time display
> is correct or off 1 second.

You could simply check with NTP - on my setup it easily keeps time
within 10ms, and also reports the offset between the PC clock it is
trying to discipline, and the NTP server time - the difference between
those two values is smaller than 1ms in my case. Should be enough to
determine which second you are on, at least.

Regards, Paul Boven - 73 de PEaNUT