[time-nuts] HP10514B Mixer Terminations

Brian Kirby kilodelta4foxmike at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 00:41:01 UTC 2010

That post had the drawing of the last system (2nd generation), just to
show the setup I was using for the offset generator.  (LT1027 preamp).

The new system, which I was testing the mixer terminations, has the
LT1028.  Its terminated in 150 pF, a 1 kilo-ohm series resistor and then
a 0.1 uF capacitor, then the scope probe.  The LT1028 is disconnected an
unpowered for these test.

I tried something this evening, I used some trimmer capacitors and I got
best square wave at 156 pF....xC at 20 mhz = 51.0 ohms....interesting.

I'm beat and I got to go back to Talladega tomorrow morning, so I'm not
going do any more experiments this evening.

Brian