Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Wed Mar 31 19:44:37 UTC 2010

> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 08:28:09 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "J. Forster" <jfor at quik.com>
> Subject: Re: [time-nuts] OT Question - Surplus Places
> To: lester at veenstras.com, "Discussion of precise time and frequency
> measurement" <time-nuts at febo.com>
>
> Brother Ben ran the surplus store
> Brother Jay ran Solid State Sales, the IC operation in the basement.
>
> -John
>
> ================
>

>> That's the place    Used to buy "RTL" logic there

And can't forget about Meshna's, Poly Paks and Delta Electronics.  I spent a
lot of mail order money at those places, as well as Solid State Sales.
Delta was a great place to buy power supply parts and kits.  IIRC, Delta and
Meshna also sold parts for early computer systems, including used 8" and
5-1/4 " floppy drives.  I sure miss those places.
Thwere was another place in the south side of Chicago that I used to love to
stroll through while I was stationed at the Naval training Center in Great
Lakes, Ill.  Can't recall the name of the place, but seems like it was on
South Western Way.  They had a boat load of surplus military gear.

Cheers,
Dave M