[time-nuts] Surplus Places...

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Wed Mar 31 20:10:38 UTC 2010

This I can't resist!

In about 1963, I was at Eli Heffron's in Cambridge. The old man, Eli was
still alive. Anyway, they had won a big lot for many kilobucks from IBM
near NYC. I was there when they unloaded.

They were all hot about the money they were going to make form all the
"memory cores" they had gotten. Core memory was highly sought after in
those days!

At first, they thought they'd been cheated by IBM, then I found a small
carton with lots of little plastic bottles of loose memory cores.I've
probably still got a bottle around someplace.

Boy, were they PISSED! LoL.

-John