[time-nuts] Simple PLL chips, gone ?

Luis Cupido cupido at mail.ua.pt
Tue May 4 09:52:10 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm looking for a relatively simple PLL chip
like LMX1501 or similar.

I mean, looking for a new design, that is something
that is easy to source (known to be in production etc)
recent/modern enough to provide a low phase noise.

Is for VHF/UHF below 500MHz application and will
be for MHz steps (no small steps required).
Albeit reasonably low phase noise will be wanted.

What seems to be available from An.Dev. and Nat.Sem.
are way too unnecessarily complex and I would like
it to not have a zilion registers to load via spi.
(might use just a small corner of a CPLD to load it).

Are the simple ones gone obsolete, or simple no longer in the
web pages ???

ok... I think you got the idea...
I'm looking for the basic think...

Any suggestions of what might be usable/available.

Thanks.

Luis Cupido
ct1dmk.

p.s. I know it doesn't matter to have a modern complex one
as some microcontroller will be programming it etc etc...
That I know already ;-) ... no need to tell me :-)
but... if a simple ones exist why should I go complex !