[time-nuts] Fluke monitor

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 17:13:41 UTC 2010

"I mean when I remove the power from the monitor and let it cool down the
after about 1Hrs it starting to work again normal, the later on displaying
garbled msg...... like something is overheating??????"
Fluke.L has sold 2 versions of the monitor. one works on 5VDC while the
other has a 78M05 regulator and requires approximately 9 to 12 volts to
operate. It would help to know which of these you have and what you are
using for a power supply. If you bought your display about 5 months ago
then it is probably one designed for +5V. The display this unit uses is a
HY-2002A-803. The pinout for the display connector can be found at:
http://www.ciahk.net/upload/docs/HY-2002A.pdf
Check for the +5 on the correct pin of the display. if you have the correct
voltage the problem could well be a parts failure on either the display or the
daughter board.
-Arthur