[time-nuts] HP 11729C versus 11848A

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun May 9 00:14:14 UTC 2010

Hi

Just to be picky:

You get 6 db for SSB to DSB when you are looking at a modulation effect (correlated sidebands) and 3 db when you are looking at random noise (un-correlated sidebands). If both oscillators contribute equally, you get a 3 db factor. The total can be anywhere from 3 db to 9 db depending on the situation.

I'm sure glad I'm out of rock throwing range ....

Bob