[time-nuts] Greyfox Surplus box

Brucekareen at aol.com Brucekareen at aol.com
Tue May 18 01:12:27 UTC 2010

Today, while at HSC Electronics, an electronics surplus store in Rhonert
park, CA, I picked up a GreyFox R1056 distribution box that looked like it
had  possibilities either as a distribution amplifier for 10 MHz or for GPS
signals.  But to my surprise, I could not find any information about the
unit online. Is anyone familiar with this unit?  It has 20  F-connectors.
Eight marked INTERNAL and noted as "DC Passing Zone 1,"  eight more marked
EXTERNAL and "DC Passing Zone 2, " one marked CAMERA, one  marked CATV/ANT, one
marked "Satellite-in DSB1," and one marked  "Satellite-in DSB2."  Two of the
eight connectors in the EXTERNAL  field  are highlighted and marked DSB2 OUT
c1 and DSB1 OUT g1.  The  unit is about the size of a computer keyboard and
also has a 15V,  550 ma power connector, a gain control and associated
10-segment LED level  indicator, a red SURGE LED, and a green power LED.

Greyfox Systems manufactures a broad line of home automation  equipment.  I
thought this might be an interface panel to tie-in a security  camera,
cable and DBS systems.

Bruce, KG6OJI