[time-nuts] Administrivia -- febo.com email

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed May 19 17:49:09 UTC 2010

Sorry for the broadcast, but I wanted to get an update out to the users
of febo.com email services (including the various mailing lists hosted
here).

The good news is that my upcoming move from Ohio to Georgia shouldn't
disturb mail handling through febo.com.

The other good news is that I've done some tuning that should improve
the performance of the system, especially when sending mail.

The side effect is that the spam filtering system database has been
reset, and as a result there may temporarily be a bit more spam getting
through the filter, as well as some "false positives" (non-spam email
that gets tagged as spam).  That situation should improve as the filter
retrains itself from new traffic.

If you send a message to a febo.com mail user or mailing list and it
doesn't appear to get to the recipient, please let me know so I can
check to see if it's caught in the spam filter.  Do *NOT* simply forward
the message to me, as it's likely to just get caught again -- instead,
tell me when it was sent and who it was sent to, so I can search for it
in the logs.

Thanks,

John