[time-nuts] Z3805 utility, Was: AW: (no subject)

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Mon May 24 10:01:35 UTC 2010

I have been reading the posts with interest.
My biggest difficulty with ex-telecom GPSDO units has been
trying to get a USB to serial converter on a PC to talk to the unit.
There always seems to be another layer that has to be set before it
works.
So far I have always managed to make them work in the end, but
getting the
COM port allocation and baud rate in not enough, there is some other
allocation to be set.
Modern PCs do not gladly speak to COM ports, but will do in the end.
Just when I have forgotten what I did last time, I decide to connect
it to a laptop or an alternate
PC, and the fun starts all over again. It would be very easy to think
that the GPSDO was not talking.

cheers, Neville Michie