[time-nuts] IRIG B

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue May 25 22:30:59 UTC 2010

On 05/25/2010 11:12 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> I *think* Clive is looking for a chip set to put on a pc board in a product.

Me too, but I think the reality is that I don't think there is such a
thing except maybe in some early ASICs. Today FPGAs rule that world. The
benefit is naturally that functional updates can come cheaply if
provision is made for remove firmware updates.:)

The closest I can come up with is maybe WWV receiver chips. But that is
IRIG-H and not IRIG-B.

The only reasons for heading down the audio ADC/DAC route over 8-bit is
dynamic range and cost. It makes sense for IRIG-B102 signals.

Cheers,
Magnus