[time-nuts] Digital tight PLL method

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Fri May 28 13:01:32 UTC 2010

On 28 May 2010 20:49, Bruce Griffiths <bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>>> Only those in the South Island.
>>
>> We call it The Mainland here mate!
>
> I debated using that term but others on the list wouldnt be aware of it.

The NZ Government has been debating calling it by the Maori name of
Poenamu (meaning greenstone, a form of jade, and found down here) but
you can imagine the fun that would be for addressing and foreigners
trying to pronounce it. The North and South Islands are the current
official names and that really fits with the simplicity of the whole
place, IE. some local place names in the country are Bridge, River,
Ford...

We don't care much for that whipper-snapper of a North Island as it
was just fished out of the sea by Maui using a jaw-bone as a fish
hook. I just wonder what strength of fishing line he must have used
for that feat :) Now I wonder what type of jaw-bone it was as there
were no indigenous animals, only birds, here and you wouldn't catch a
fly with the jaw-bone of the tuatara (a reptile only found here and
dates back to the dawn of the dinosaurs)... Perhaps it was the
jaw-bone of a Moriori but we better not go there.

On topic, time is very relaxed down here, the last time I checked it a
second was running about 50%'ish slow but no one here cares :)

Steve
--
Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
A man with one clock knows what time it is;