[time-nuts] Thunderbolt repair

bjones0 at mindspring.com bjones0 at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 1 15:09:17 UTC 2010

I had the same problem with my Thunderbolt shortly after I got it and the problem turned out to be the power supply had gone "bad" and the voltages supplied to the tbolt were way off (but close enough to give a ~10Mhz & 1pps signal).  I would suggest checking each pin on the plug and make sure the voltages close to spec.  (but check against ground.. as when my PS went bad I was still getting 24v across the +/- 12v lines but it was actually something like +18v & -6v so I was fooled into thinking everything was okay.

-Brian