[time-nuts] I have a new toy

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Mon Nov 1 17:56:02 UTC 2010

Am 25.10.2010 03:13, schrieb Arthur Dent:
> I picked up an interesting item on Ebay that I think will
>
> I do love new toys. ;-)
Me too!

I recently bought a 5370A from the station of a ham in our radio club
who is a SK now :-(
It was said to be ok, but when I switched it on at home, all LEDs were
flickering
and no reaction on any key. Somewhat disappointed I put it into the corner.

This weekend I opened it, removed all boards, plugged them in again, and...
lo & behold, it works again!

These 2708 eproms with their pulsed 12V programming would have been
a major problem today. It has a 10811-60111 time base.
When I have more time, it will receive the well-deserved recalibration.

:-)

Gerhard

ps for non-hams: SK = silent key