[time-nuts] A real world project need for timing accuracy...

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Nov 2 01:16:35 UTC 2010

Hi

If you have a high enough frequency RF link, just modulate it with a 10 MHz signal. Recover it on the other end and feed it directly into the time base.

At at point both clocks are on exactly the same frequency and (relatively) in phase.

The gotcha is that the "start" event and "stop" event are running on different counters. You still need to get them both onto the same time as well as the same frequency and phase.

The easy way is to use a GPS with a solid pps on both ends and time start of flight and end of flight to that. The alternative would be to send some sort of time code on the rf link along with the 10 MHz carrier.

Bob