[time-nuts] Endace TDS 24 unit anyone?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 3 19:08:55 UTC 2010

Alexander Sack wrote:
> Hello Time-Nuts:
>
> Has anyone used a Endace TDS 24 unit before?  I have someone who has
> one but we have no user manual.  Any pointers?
>
> And what is IRIG-B output suppose to look like...this unit seems to
> give off two distinct outputs....one is a 3.3V to 1.5V sweep, the
> other is just a 3.3V pulse (I assume that 1PPS).

Irig B will either be an amplitude modulated audio signal or the pulses.
Mark (high amplitude, logic 1) to Space (low amplitude) should be 10:3
with 3:1-6:1 being the range .  The carrier is some multiple of the
pulse rate (I've seen 1kHz pretty commonly)

It could also be Manchester coded, but I've not seen that.. otoh, most
of my IRIG experience has been with unmodulated versions.

IRIG B runs at 100 bits/second, with 1 second frames (i.e. 100
pulses/frame) and the pulses are either 2 (zero),5 (one),or 8 ms (frame
sync) long

All is revealed in IRIG Standard 200  ..google and ye shall find.