[time-nuts] Why .30 cal holes can't be seen at 800 yds...

David McClain dbm at refined-audiometrics.com
Wed Nov 3 21:16:18 UTC 2010

How about a "rubber-mirror", adaptive optics? We use this on our
large telescopes to overcome the atmospheric scintillation, otherwise
known as speckle-patterns. Works exceedingly well...

Atmospheric turbulence can be described by a Kolmogorov distribution,
or equivalently as a chaotic attractor basin of fractal dimension
between 6 and 7. Hence a feedback Perceptron neural network can be
trained on the speckle sequences and this also works very well.
That's how we did it on the Steward Observatory 90-inch.

Dr. David McClain
Chief Technical Officer
Refined Audiometrics Laboratory
4391 N. Camino Ferreo