[time-nuts] Frequency referenced temperature regulator

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Mon Nov 8 15:34:45 UTC 2010

Hi,

Why not use a more conventional approach using a good thermistor and a
PWM IC? I built some in the past with Peltiers and an LM3524 for cooling
a photomultiplier in a nitrogen oxyde analyzer, and the result was quite
good. I also used the same approach (but not with Peltier) for heating.
Of course, the frequency stability was not time-nuts grade... not even
near :)

NTCs like the YSI 44031 have very good repeatabilty, and the resistance
vs. temperature curve is quite steep, so you really don't need too
stringent voltage stability needs.

Regards,

Javier

Javier Herrero                            EMAIL: jherrero at hvsistemas.com
Chief Technology Officer
HV Sistemas S.L.                          PHONE:         +34 949 336 806
Los Charcones, 17                         FAX:           +34 949 336 792
19170 El Casar - Guadalajara - Spain      WEB: http://www.hvsistemas.com