[time-nuts] Frequency referenced temperature regulator

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Mon Nov 8 16:47:38 UTC 2010

Hi

The crystal in the temperature probes was an LC cut. There are a number of
temperature dependant cuts out there for BAW's. SAW's have their own
families of cuts.

One of the drivers for running the probes at the frequency they chose was
the small crystal package they wanted to use. Tough to fit a 5 MHz 3rd
overtone in a TO-5 package.

Bob