[time-nuts] Frequency referenced temperature regulator

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 00:45:32 UTC 2010

A hint for using peltiers,
the resistive component in them has a problem with IsquaredR heating
so that better performance is obtained by running them on filtered DC.
PWM control works best if it is filtered to DC.

My choice for temperature control is a glass encapsulated thermistor,
there are some quite small ones that have very fast response and good
ageing
performance.

Diodes and transdiodes also make good sensors and can come in good
packages
with rapid response.

For us the best temperature standard is ice point and that is only
good to 10 mK.
Anything better means a trip to a standards laboratory.

However, one is to be applauded for trying to link temperature to
frequency,

cheers,
Neville Michie