[time-nuts] Frequency referenced temperature regulator

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Thu Nov 11 12:01:16 UTC 2010

Hi

If you run through the major distributors, there are a wide variety of parts available. You either dig in on thermistors or on RTD's. The RTD is more linear and normally made from platinum. The thermistor is a better choice for a single point controller. Both are available in glass packages for sub $5 prices. Traditionally the glass parts have been the most stable.

You can go off to people like Hart and get stainless steel sheathed versions of either one that are certified to be quite accurate over a very wide range. You will pay a bit more for the high accuracy stuff (like kilo bucks).

Bob