[time-nuts] Frequency comparrison

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sat Nov 13 21:46:52 UTC 2010

Magnus I will keep it in mind, in the meantime it has been approved. But
once every thing has been tested I will send it to you to post all the
drawings,  board and code for dissemination. Thank you.
How did you come out on the Rb
Bert

In a message dated 11/13/2010 3:42:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org writes:

Dear  Bert,

On 11/13/2010 09:24 PM, EWKehren at aol.com wrote:

> I  agree with Magnus Dual Mixer is the best way to go. That is why over a
>  year ago I set out to develop a system that with counter can be realized
 for
> $200. I did reach that goal and Corby tested the first pass and  the
second
> pass  with 1 E-13 results. He used his SRS counter.  Richard who wrote the
> code for the  five PIC's has tested the  counter. What is missing some one
> testing the two  combined. I  have a total of seven systems out there
some on the
> condition  that  they get on it with in two weeks. Sad to say it has not
>  happened. I just send  out an other kit this week, maybe we will have
more luck
> this time. Once a total  test has been done the third  set of boards will
be
> ordered and once tested made  available for  any one. It measures
frequency
> difference and Allan Variance  with  a resolution 1E-15 the five channel
> counter runs off USB  power and all is needed  is along with the
reference is a
> one or  ten Hz offset OCXO.

Would be very nice to test.

> I will not  mention any names but I would like to remind you what  you
>  promised the rest would appreciate the availability of a unit that
everybody  can
> build and will be affordable.

200 USD is a  good price for such a thing.

> Attached is the picture of the second  pass with HP 10514 Mixer  courtesy
of
> Corby. There are only two  SMD components!
> PS I did send it with a picture attached with 113.3 K  hoping my text
would
> not take up space but some how it ended up  160K and is on hold. I will
try
> again send only picture!

The  picture didn't make it through. If you can put it on a web-page (or
send  it to me and I put it on my web)and provide a link would be
beneficial.

Cheers,
Magnus