[time-nuts] Gamma-ray and jitter

iovane at inwind.it iovane at inwind.it
Sat Nov 13 22:48:46 UTC 2010

In the very recent days it has been discovered a previously unknown
feature of our galaxy, that is the presence of two giant bubbles
which appear to be gamma-ray sources.

See

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/GLAST/news/new-structure.html

After reading this, I have revieved some old data of mine, which shoved
that the noise in a long term temperature measurement is higher when my
observing site is in view of that structure. Now I'm rather
convinced that there could be a correlation between my observations and
the above mentioned new findings, and I believe that the noise is
generated by the measuring setup in response to something
linked to the bubbles.

Hence I'm wondering if that stimulus could also affect the jitter in
high performance oscillators.

More precisely, I would ask time-nuts whether any sidereal periodicities
have ever been noticed in jitter measurements.

Thanks,
Antonio I8IOV