[time-nuts] Gamma-ray and jitter

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Nov 14 00:27:10 UTC 2010

On 11/14/2010 12:43 AM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> As always - eliminating environmental influence from the results can be challenging. Even with the parts in a vacuum chamber attached to a heated block, there can still be things that directly relate to the building going from day to night mode or from week day to week end mode.
>
> That said - yes there are periodic influences. Everything I've seen appears to correlate to local time rather than sidereal time. I would admit that it could be a function of back fitting.

If the measurements where long-term enough such that local time rather
than sidereal time can be cancelled out and tied to the sidereal
direction part of the puzzle is solved. However, showing that it is this
gamma radiation effect in play and no other sidereal related effect is
one thing.

I'd like to see the correlation spanning over a year, a couple of years
would be best. That way could local time effects clearly be separated
from sidereal effects.

Jitter measurements is usually not done continously, but wander
measurements.

Don't recall from the top of my head the effects of gamma-rays on
crystals, but I do recall there is effects there. However, I do suspect
they are rather poor gamma-ray detectors and loads of other sources to
hide any correlation from direct observation.

Cheers,
Magnus