[time-nuts] Gamma-ray and jitter

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Nov 14 02:03:37 UTC 2010

> As always - eliminating environmental influence from the results can be
> challenging. Even with the parts in a vacuum chamber attached to a heated
> block, there can still be things that directly relate to the building going
> from day to night mode or from week day to week end mode.

The best environmental sleuthing story I know about was CERN tracking noise
in data from one of their experiments back to tides.  It really did depend on
the phase of the moon.

http://tinyurl.com/343lv87
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Electron%E2%80%93Positron_Collider#Results

http://catb.org/jargon/html/P/phase-of-the-moon.html