[time-nuts] [Fwd: Re: [Boatanchors] Fw: Re: SI units and the rest]

J. Forster jfor at quik.com
Wed Nov 17 15:45:45 UTC 2010

>From another list,

-John

=============

Subject: Re: [Boatanchors] Fw: Re: SI units and the rest
From:    "Robert Nickels" <ranickel at comcast.net>
Date:    Wed, November 17, 2010 7:34 am
To:      boatanchors at mailman.qth.net

On 11/17/2010 7:42 AM, Nick England wrote:
> The great thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
from.....
Ain't that the truth!   Hence the National Institute of Standards and
Technology  (aka owner/operator of WWV)

I spent an enjoyable couple of hours touring the NIST Museum when I was
there for a meeting - and it's really worth a visit if you're in the DC
area (Gaithersburg, MD).   But now you can check out the "virtual
museum" from the comfort of your PC -

http://museum.nist.gov/

Note the featured exhibit is "Standardization of Womens
Clothing"....yep, I thought that'd get yer attention ;-)

73, Bob W9RAN