[time-nuts] Question on GPS receiver selection for 1pps

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Nov 18 01:16:13 UTC 2010

Hi Paul,

"good enough" is in the eye of the beholder..

The M12M receiver can achieve 2ns rms. So 300ns seems very bad.

Some early units had up to 1000ns error, so 300ns is quite good in that
context.

Anything below 30ns from the GPS (with sawtooth correction) should be
excellent by today's standards..

bye,
Said

In a message dated 11/17/2010 15:02:15 Pacific Standard Time,