[time-nuts] Hyperterminal with variable baud rate

Corby Dawson cdelect at juno.com
Thu Nov 18 16:55:23 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am using a module from a rubidium standard to do some experiments.

I am using a much lower clock rate into the module which has RS232 comm.

At the lower clock rate I can't communicate as the corrected baud rate
comes out to 955 baud.

I can communicate if I keep the clock rate a binary ratio to the original
clock rate albeit at a submultiple of the original 9600 baud.

For instance at a clock rate of 6.28Mhz I can talk at 1200 baud, but I
want to use 5Mhz as the clock rate.

Are there any terminal programs out there that allow you to select rates
other than the standard values?

I'd like to avoid any hardware kludges and hopefully make the fix in the
terminal software.

Thanks,

Corby Dawson