[time-nuts] GPS jamming susceptibility

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Nov 23 12:36:49 UTC 2010

Hi

If you are going to depend on any form of over the air timing, you need holdover. It's not a "option" its a requirement. There are simply to many things that can create issues with the signal you are using. That's true of any over the air system, not just GPS. Redundancy would also be nice, the people who design these systems don't seem to ever go that route.

The nice part of that is - we get lots of Thunderbolts and Z380x's on the surplus market nice and cheap. Good stuff.

Bob