[time-nuts] FS700 schematic

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Tue Nov 23 17:32:19 UTC 2010

Hi Paul,

> If you are using something different then an active
> antennathat draws current. You need a 470 ohm resistor to
> ground at the antenna bnc.The system sense current being
> drawn both high and low.

Yes, this is understood. My "antenna coupler" for the W3 includes a 560 Ohm
resistor and Frank has found out that even a 1 K resistor is "accepted" as a
functioning active antenna. My active loop draws some 8 mA from the center
conductor and is therefore accepted as a functioning active antenna too.

If the mysterious action has taken place it seems indeed as if the the
receiver gain is set to a very low if not zero value. This is well
understood because SRS says: If the <1 dB condition is met the receiver
stops action, so setting the gain to zero or so may be a natural result of
this. The big question is: What has happened before that makes the receiver
THINK that this condition is met? Franks and mine receiver doing literally
the same seems to indicate that the sours is the same for both of them.

Best regards
Ulrich Bangert